Monday, August 2, 2010

Online Dating Sites

As many of you know, it is very difficult to meet people after graduating from college and getting out into the real world. That is why the concept of online dating is such a good idea and why it has become so popular. Unfortunately, I think it is a better idea in theory than in practice. I for one am a member of 3 online dating sites: jdate, okcupid.com, and plentyoffish.com. First of all, a majority of the girls on jdate are unpaying members, meaning they cannot receive and respond to e-mails. They also cannot send instant messages unless the guy messages them first.

I have had many dates with people I have met from various sites, and I can say they all have one thing in common. Most of the girls look nothing like they do in their profile pictures. Its like the profile pictures were taken before they gained a lot of weight and havent been updated since. This is just not fair. I've also had some 'interesting' dates with these same people. There was the girl who I met at Starbucks and her mother was waiting for her in the parking lot the whole time. Then, there was the girl who invited me to her house for a first date to hang out and talk, but she ended up not even turning off the tv while I was there. There was also the girl who was obsessed with sex and wanted to know how many sexual partners I'd had. I hadn't had any, but since she was being so forward I decided to ask her what her number was. Big mistake (she told me her number was 16 and she was only 21 years old). She also brought me a bottle of lube on our 2nd date.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment